Global B2B E-Commerce Market to 2025 - Shift Towards Digital Sales Amid COVID-19 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
This report provides an insightful overview of the business-to-business E-Commerce industry amid the health crisis, including the recent developments in sales channels, B2B payments, and market players activities. The publication discloses that despite the B2B market being more resistant to changes than the B2C, COVID-19 accelerated the move to digitalization among the market players.
Global B2B market shifts towards digital sales amid COVID-19
Following the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the B2B industry was exogenously prompted to adopt digital channels, resulting in an increase of B2B E-Commerce sales in 2020, as compared to 2019. Furthermore, despite the still persistent movement restrictions and border closures in 2021, B2B cross-border payments were forecasted to increase by 14% year-on-year in 2021. Moreover, by 2023, moving to E-Commerce appeared to be the top investment priority for the majority of B2B organizations. Nevertheless, the transition to digital sales is a long and complicated process, especially for the B2B industry. As such, inverting in omnichannel was seen as an important move by 2023 for over eight in ten B2B leaders across the globe, according to a recent survey cited in the report.
B2B buyers expect more virtual sales, personalized content and alternative payment methods
Despite this upward trend, shifting towards online comes with certain challenges for the B2B industry. With that, "Personalizing the customer experience" was stated as the top obstacle for these enterprises. Nevertheless, this was also something that eight in ten of the companies planned to deliver to their clients in 2021. Furthermore, with the onset of the pandemic, B2B firms reduced human interaction in the whole sales chain, and this seem to be exactly what their customers wanted: around 70% of B2B buyers preferred remote interactions or even digital self-services both in 2020 and 2021. Among other trends, virtual cards and instant payments are on a rise for B2B payments; niche marketplaces are gaining popularity and challenging the established players such as Amazon Business and
- This report covers the global B2B E-Commerce market. It includes global data and international comparisons related to B2B E-Commerce development and trends, along with region- and country-specific market information. A broad definition of B2B E-Commerce used by some sources cited in this report might include both web-based and other electronic sales (such as EDI-type sales).
- In addition to the global data, major global regions in worldwide B2B E-Commerce were covered in the report, including
Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, the Middle Eastand Africa. Data availability varied by region and country.
- The report opens with a global chapter. It includes information on the global B2B E-Commerce sales development and projections, top market trends and factors most important in B2B E-Commerce. The major market developments were also summarized on two text charts included in the global chapter.
- The rest of the report is divided by regions, with each regional section containing country chapters and/or regional information, where available. The regions and countries are ranked by total E-Commerce sales volume or related criteria, such as the share of companies selling and/or purchasing online.
- Depending on data availability, the following types of information were included: B2B E-Commerce sales, share of companies engaged in B2B E-Commerce, factors most important to B2B buyers and sellers. Not all types of data mentioned were included for each section due to varying information availability.
- Furthermore, each regional chapter includes an overview of some of the B2B E-Commerce marketplaces and classified portals in the respective region.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Global Overview
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pdz33q
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900