STOCK TITAN

Akebia Therapeutics Reports Inducement Grants Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)

Rhea-AI Impact
(Low)
Rhea-AI Sentiment
(Very Positive)
Tags
Rhea-AI Summary
Akebia Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: AKBA) granted two new employees options to purchase 31,000 shares of Akebia's common stock on November 30, 2023. The options have an exercise price of $1.06 per share, vest over four years, and have a 10-year term. This grant is in accordance with Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4).
Positive
  • None.
Negative
  • None.

CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Dec. 1, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Akebia Therapeutics®, Inc. (Nasdaq: AKBA), a biopharmaceutical company with the purpose to better the lives of people impacted by kidney disease, granted two newly-hired employees options to purchase an aggregate of 31,000 shares of Akebia's common stock on November 30, 2023, as inducements material to such employee entering into employment with Akebia. The options were granted in accordance with Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4).

The options have an exercise price of $1.06 per share, which is equal to the closing price of Akebia's common stock on the grant date. The stock options vest over four years, with 25% of the shares vesting on the first anniversary of the grant date and the remaining 75% of shares vesting quarterly thereafter, in each case, subject to the new employee's continued service with Akebia. Each stock option has a 10-year term and is subject to the terms and conditions of Akebia's inducement award program and a stock option agreement covering the grant.

About Akebia Therapeutics

Akebia Therapeutics, Inc. is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with the purpose to better the lives of people impacted by kidney disease. Akebia was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, please visit our website at www.akebia.com, which does not form a part of this release.

Akebia Therapeutics Contact

Mercedes Carrasco
mcarrasco@akebia.com 

 

Cision View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/akebia-therapeutics-reports-inducement-grants-under-nasdaq-listing-rule-5635c4-302003603.html

SOURCE Akebia Therapeutics

FAQ

How many shares of Akebia's common stock were granted to new employees on November 30, 2023?

Akebia Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: AKBA) granted 31,000 shares of its common stock to two newly-hired employees on November 30, 2023.

What is the exercise price of the stock options granted to the new employees?

The exercise price of the stock options granted to the new employees is $1.06 per share, which is equal to the closing price of Akebia's common stock on the grant date.

How long is the vesting period for the stock options granted to the new employees?

The stock options granted to the new employees vest over four years, with 25% of the shares vesting on the first anniversary of the grant date and the remaining 75% of shares vesting quarterly thereafter, subject to the new employee's continued service with Akebia.

What is the term of each stock option granted to the new employees?

Each stock option granted to the new employees has a 10-year term.

What is the purpose of Akebia Therapeutics, Inc.?

Akebia Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company with the purpose to better the lives of people impacted by kidney disease.

Akebia Therapeutics, Inc.

NASDAQ:AKBA

AKBA Rankings

AKBA Latest News

AKBA Stock Data

236.84M
188.22M
2.47%
26.27%
6.4%
Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing
Manufacturing
Link
United States of America
CAMBRIDGE

About AKBA

akebia therapeutics, inc. is a biopharmaceutical company headquartered in cambridge, massachusetts, focused on delivering innovative therapies to patients with kidney disease through hypoxia-inducible factor (hif) biology. akebia’s lead product candidate, vadadustat, is an investigational oral therapy in development for the treatment of anemia related to chronic kidney disease in both non-dialysis and dialysis patients. akebia’s global phase 3 program for vadadustat, which includes the pro2tect studies for non-dialysis patients with anemia associated with chronic kidney disease and the inno2vate studies for dialysis-dependent patients, is currently ongoing. for more information, please visit our website at www.akebia.com.