R1 RCM Issues Inaugural Environmental, Social, and Governance Report
CHICAGO, March 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- R1 RCM Inc. (NASDAQ: RCM), a leading provider of technology-driven solutions that transform the patient experience and financial performance of healthcare providers, released its inaugural Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report detailing R1’s approach to ESG, corporate responsibility, and sustainability. As a trusted partner to its customers, and the patients and communities they serve, R1 built an ESG framework that aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and demonstrates a commitment to transparency, accountability, and social responsibility to its stakeholders.
“Our ESG framework is at the very core of who we are as a business and is intrinsically tied to how we drive value for our customers, our employees, our communities, and our shareholders,” said Joe Flanagan, president and chief executive officer of R1. “We are excited and grateful to share our progress and believe by holding ourselves accountable to our ESG framework we will pave the way to a successful and sustainable future for all of our stakeholders.”
Three powerful principles that define R1, its culture, and operating approach were leveraged to define the Company’s ESG commitments to stakeholders:
- Innovation: R1 is committed to improving the patient and provider experience through innovative, technology-driven solutions and automation that leads to efficiencies and standard practices which benefit customers, providers, patients, and communities.
- Integrity: R1 is committed to operating with the highest level of integrity and ethics to ensure the right decisions are made, for the right reasons, every day and in every part of its business.
- Inclusion: R1 is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse global workforce, with a culture where all employees feel valued and have the opportunity to grow their careers.
R1’s 2020 ESG report addresses business-relevant ESG factors, including: access to healthcare, cybersecurity and data privacy, systemic risk from technical disruption, inclusion and diversity, professional integrity and culture, regulatory assessment and compliance, environmental footprint, and corporate governance. These factors are aligned with industry-based ESG standards recommended by the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB). The report also highlights recent corporate initiatives that demonstrate R1’s commitment to social responsibility and its response to COVID-19, including:
- Committing to and signing the Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge
- Mobilizing more than 15,000 global employees on an expedited basis to a sustainable, secure work-from-home operating environment
- Configuring its Patient Experience (PX) mobile registration technology to serve emergency departments during the COVID-19 pandemic, reducing risk of patient and R1 employee exposure and preserving the use of PPE for clinical staff
- Funding appreciation bonuses to front-line employees and COVID-19 testing and care for employees at zero out-of-pocket cost
R1’s 2020 ESG Report is available on the company’s website at r1rcm.com/esg.
About R1 RCM
R1 is a leading provider of technology-driven solutions that transform the patient experience and financial performance of hospitals, health systems, and medical groups. R1’s proven and scalable operating models seamlessly complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience. To learn more, visit: r1rcm.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release includes statements that may constitute “forward-looking statements” made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. In particular, statements about future events and relationships, plans, future growth, and future performance, are forward-looking statements. These statements are often identified by the use of words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “designed,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “predict,” “project,” “would,” and similar expressions or variations, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations and projections about future events as of the date hereof and any forward-looking statements contained herein should not be relied upon as representing our views as of any subsequent date. Subsequent events and developments, including actual results or changes in our assumptions, may cause our views to change. While we may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, we have no current intention of doing so except to the extent required by applicable law. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Should one or more of these risks and uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions, projections, or expectations prove incorrect, actual results, performance, financial condition, or events may vary materially and adversely from those anticipated, estimated, or expected. Our actual results and outcomes could differ materially from those included in these forward-looking statements as a result of various factors, including, but not limited to the factors discussed under the heading “Risk Factors” in our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2020, our quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, and any other periodic reports we file with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
R1 RCM Inc.
R1 RCM Inc.
View source version on GlobeNewswire.com