Revance Announces FDA Approval of DAXXIFY(TM) (DaxibotulinumtoxinA-lanm) for Injection, the First and Only Peptide-Formulated Neuromodulator With Long-Lasting Results
- Approved label includes full 36-week efficacy data from Phase 3 SAKURA clinical program, positioning DAXXIFY(TM) as the first and only long-acting neuromodulator that demonstrates a median duration of six months and up to nine months for some patients1- 6* ?
- Based on the data from SAKURA, DAXXIFY(TM) has the ability to deliver year-long results with as few as two treatments per year and has been proven to be effective, generally safe and well tolerated2-5 *
- DAXXIFY(TM), powered by Peptide Exchange Technology(TM), is the first true innovation in neuromodulator product formulation in over 30 years
- Conference call and webcast today at
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220908005320/en/
Vials of DAXXIFY (Photo: Business Wire)
"The FDA approval of DAXXIFY(TM) is a foundational achievement for the company as it marks the culmination of years of pioneering research and development made possible by the outstanding execution of our talented team, along with strong support from the medical and investor communities. It has been an incredible and rewarding journey to realize our vision and bring this disruptive innovation to an industry that has remained largely unchanged for over 30 years," said
- 74% of subjects achieved a > two-grade improvement in glabellar lines at week 4 per both investigator and patient assessment1,4
- 88% achieved > two-grade improvement at week 4 per investigator assessment1
- 98% of subjects achieved none or mild wrinkle severity at week 4 per investigator assessment 4
- 6-month median duration3,4*
- Some patients maintained treatment results at 9 months2-4?
- Results seen as early as one day after treatment, typically seen within two days14
DAXXIFY(TM) is generally safe and well tolerated with no serious treatment-related adverse events reported in the clinical trials and has a safety profile consistent with other currently available neuromodulators in the aesthetics market.1-5,7-10 The most common treatment-related adverse events with DAXXIFY(TM) observed in the pivotal trials were headache (6%) followed by eyelid ptosis (2%) and facial paresis, including facial asymmetry (1%).1
"With DAXXIFY's innovative and differentiated performance profile, alongside our portfolio that includes the RHA(R) Collection of dermal fillers and the OPUL(R) Relational Commerce platform, we have a real opportunity to build on our commercial success while setting a new standard for neuromodulator formulation," said
Practices interested in receiving more information on DAXXIFY(TM) may reserve their spot at RevanceAesthetics.com.
Revance will host a corresponding conference call and a live webcast today at
To access the call by phone, please use this registration link, and you will be provided with dial in details. To avoid delays, we encourage participants to dial into the conference call fifteen minutes ahead of the scheduled start time. A webcast replay will be available in the investor relations section on the company's website for 90 days following the completion of the call.
* At least 50% of patients treated with DAXXIFY(TM) in SAKURA 1 and 2 had none or mild frown lines per investigator or patient assessments for 24 weeks and 23.9 weeks (6 months) or longer (respectively) after treatment.
? 5% of patients in SAKURA 1 and 3% of patients in SAKURA 2 achieved glabellar line severity of none or mild with DAXXIFY(TM) at Week 36 (9 months) per investigator's assessment. In SAKURA 1 and 2, and SAKURA 3 Treatments 1 and 2, a total of 7.5%, 5.4%, 17.4%, 11.6% of treated patients had not returned to baseline severity per both investigator and patient assessment at 9 months.
Per pooled data from SAKURA 1 and SAKURA 2.
DAXXIFY(TM) (daxibotulinumtoxinA-lanm) for injection is an acetylcholine release inhibitor and neuromuscular blocking agent indicated for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines associated with corrugator and/or procerus muscle activity in adult patients.
WARNING: DISTANT SPREAD OF TOXIN EFFECT
The effects of DAXXIFY(TM) and all botulinum toxin products may spread from the area of injection to produce symptoms consistent with botulinum toxin effects. These symptoms have been reported hours to weeks after injection. Swallowing and breathing difficulties can be life threatening and there have been reports of death. DAXXIFY(TM) is not approved for the treatment of spasticity or any conditions other than glabellar lines.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
DAXXIFY(TM) contraindications include hypersensitivity to any botulinum toxin preparation or any of the components in the formulation and infection at the injection site(s).
Warnings and Precautions
Please refer to Boxed Warning for Distant Spread of Toxin Effect.
The potency units of DAXXIFY(TM) are not interchangeable with other preparations of other botulinum toxin products. Recommended dose and frequency of administration should not be exceeded. Patients should seek immediate medical attention if respiratory, speech or swallowing difficulties occur. Use caution when administering to patients with pre-existing cardiovascular disease. Concomitant neuromuscular disorders may exacerbate clinical effects of treatment.
The most commonly observed adverse reactions (>=1%) were headache (6%), eyelid ptosis (2%) and facial paresis (1%).
Co-administration of DAXXIFY(TM) and aminoglycoside antibiotics, anticholinergic agents or any other agents interfering with neuromuscular transmission or muscle relaxants should only be performed with caution as the effect of DAXXIFY(TM) may be potentiated. The effect of administering different botulinum neurotoxins during course of treatment with DAXXIFY(TM) is unknown.
Use in Specific Populations
DAXXIFY(TM) is not recommended for use in children or pregnant women.
Please see DAXXIFY(TM) full Prescribing Information, including Boxed Warning and Medication Guide.
DAXXIFY(TM) (DaxibotulinumtoxinA-lanm) for injection is the first and only FDA approved long-lasting peptide-formulated neuromodulator product for use in adults for the temporary improvement of moderate to severe frown lines (glabellar lines).1-2,7-11 DAXXIFY(TM) has the ability to deliver year-long results for patients with potentially only two treatments per year and has been proven to be effective, and generally safe and well tolerated.2-5 * DAXXIFY(TM) is powered by a cell-penetrating peptide technology (Peptide Exchange Technology(TM)), Revance's proprietary, synthetic, 35-amino-acid stabilizing excipient with a highly positive charge, and is free of human serum albumin or animal-based components.1,2,11 Manufactured exclusively in the
Revance has evaluated this neuromodulator formulation in other Phase 2 clinical studies in aesthetics, including the full upper face, forehead lines and crow's feet as well as in therapeutic indications, including cervical dystonia and upper limb spasticity. Learn more at RevanceAesthetics.com.
Revance is a commercial stage biotechnology company setting the new standard in healthcare with innovative aesthetic and therapeutic offerings that elevate patient and physician experiences. Revance's aesthetics portfolio of expertly created products and services, including DAXXIFY(TM) (DaxibotulinumtoxinA-lanm) for injection, the RHA(R) Collection of dermal fillers, and OPUL(R), the first-of-its-kind Relational Commerce platform for aesthetic practices, deliver a differentiated and exclusive offering for the company's elite practice partners and their consumers. Revance has also partnered with Viatris Inc. to develop a biosimilar to BOTOX(R), which will compete in the existing short-acting neuromodulator marketplace. Revance's therapeutics pipeline is currently focused on muscle movement disorders including evaluating DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection in two debilitating conditions, cervical dystonia and upper limb spasticity.
"Revance" and the Revance logo and OPUL are registered trademarks of
Resilient Hyaluronic Acid(R) and RHA(R) are trademarks of
BOTOX(R) is a registered trademark of
Any statements in this press release that are not statements of historical fact, including statements related to the rate and degree of commercial acceptance, opportunity and growth potential of DAXXIFY(TM) and DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection in other indications; the growth opportunities available to the company; our ability to set a new standard in aesthetics and healthcare and establish a new category of neuromodulator; the safety, efficacy and duration of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection; development of a biosimilar to BOTOX(R) with our partner, Viatris; statements about our business strategy, timeline and other goals, plans and prospects, including our commercialization plans; the market opportunity for and market impact of DAXXIFY(TM); the aesthetics industry; patient and physician preferences; the outcomes for and experiences of patients; potential benefits of DAXXIFY(TM) to patients and physicians; and the extent to which our relationships in the prestige aesthetics market will benefit the commercial launch of DAXXIFY(TM), constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. You should not rely upon forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot guarantee that the future results, levels of activity, performance, events, circumstances or achievements reflected in the forward-looking statements will ever be achieved or occur.
Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from our expectations. These risks and uncertainties relate, but are not limited to: our ability to successfully commercialize DAXXIFY(TM) and to continue to successfully commercialize the RHA(R) Collection of dermal fillers and OPUL(R); the results, timing, costs, and completion of our research and development activities and regulatory approvals; our ability to obtain funding for our operations; the timing of capital expenditures; the accuracy of our estimates regarding expenses, future revenues, capital requirements, our financial performance and the economics of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection, the RHA(R) Collection of dermal fillers and OPUL(R); the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our manufacturing operations, supply chain, end user demand for our products and services, the aesthetics market, commercialization efforts, business operations, regulatory meetings, inspections and approvals, clinical trials and other aspects of our business and on the market; our ability and the ability of our partners to manufacture supplies for DAXXIFY(TM) and our product candidates and to acquire supplies of the RHA(R) Collection of dermal fillers; the uncertain clinical development process; the risk that clinical trials may not have an effective design or generate positive results or that positive results would assure regulatory approval or commercial success; the applicability of clinical study results to actual outcomes; the rate and degree of economic benefit, safety, efficacy, commercial acceptance, market, competition and/or size and growth potential of the RHA(R) Collection of dermal fillers, OPUL(R) and our drug product candidates, if approved; reports of adverse events or safety concerns involving DAXXIFY(TM) or the RHA(R) Collection of dermal fillers; the timing and cost of commercialization activities; the proper training and administration of our products by physicians and medical staff; our ability to expand sales and marketing capabilities; the status of commercial collaborations; changes in and failures to comply with privacy and data protection laws; our ability to effectively manage our expanded operations in connection with the acquisition of
- Data on File. DAXXIFY(TM) Package Insert.
Newark, CA: Revance Therapeutics, Inc, 2022.
- Fabi SG, Cohen JL, et al. DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection for the treatment of glabellar lines: efficacy results from SAKURA 3, a large, open-label, phase 3 safety study. Dermatol Surg. 2020. doi:10.1097/DSS.0000000000002531
- Carruthers JD, Fagien S, et al. DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection for the treatment of glabellar lines: results from each of two multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 studies (SAKURA 1 and SAKURA 2). Plast Reconstr Surg. 2020;145(1):45-58.
- Bertucci V, Solish N, et al. DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection has a prolonged duration of response in the treatment of glabellar lines: pooled data from two multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 studies (SAKURA 1 and SAKURA 2). J Am Acad Dermatol. 2020;82(4):838-845.
- Green JB, Mariwalla K, Coleman K, et al. A large, open-label, phase 3 safety study of daxibotulinumtoxinA for injection in glabellar lines: a focus on safety from the SAKURA 3 study. Dermatol Surg. 2020. doi:10.1097/DSS.0000000000002463
- Data on File. Protocols 1620301-303. Post Hoc Analysis.
Newark, CA: Revance Therapeutics, Inc, 2021.
- Xeomin. Prescribing Information.
Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH; 2020.
- Dysport. Prescribing Information.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Ltd; 2020.
- Jeuveau. Prescribing Information. Evolus, Inc; 2020.
- Botox Cosmetic. Prescribing Information.
Allergan, Inc; 2020.
- Waugh JM, Lee J, Dake MD, Browne D. Nonclinical and clinical experiences with CPP-based self-assembling peptide systems in topical drug development. Methods Mol Biol. 2011; 683:553-572.
- Data on File. Harris Poll.
Newark, CA: Revance Therapeutics, Inc, 2018.
- Decision Resources Group Aesthetics Injectables Market Insights Report, 2022.
- Data on File. D220801001.
Newark, CA: Revance Therapeutics, Inc, 2022.