Snowflake and AWS Significantly Deepen Commitment to Driving Customer-focused Innovation
- Snowflake and AWS expand their successful partnership by boosting sales collaboration, industry solution alignment, and joint go-to-market strategies
- Over 6,000 joint customers1 including Goldman Sachs and other Fortune 500 enterprises, are using Snowflake and AWS to rapidly innovate
- Approximately 84% of Snowflake’s customers run their deployments on AWS1
“Over the past three years, Snowflake and AWS have quickly created what we believe may be one of the most successful technology co-sell partnerships in cloud computing,” Snowflake Chairman and CEO,
“Data is at the center of every application, process, and business decision, and is the cornerstone of digital transformation. Working alongside Snowflake, we are unlocking new value for thousands of customers around the world and helping them maximize their data investments,” said
Snowflake and AWS will expand their strategic initiatives to explore new frontiers and drive customer-focused innovation in numerous ways, such as:
- Developing Industry Solutions: Snowflake and the AWS industry teams have been collaborating to build joint industry-specific solutions to serve the needs of their biggest customers. AWS closely collaborated on each industry Data Cloud that Snowflake has launched to-date, including Financial Services, Media & Advertising, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Retail, and Telecom Data Clouds. The companies plan to continue to expand these tailored solution offerings to new industries to allow more organizations to accelerate innovation.
- Deepening Product Integrations: Snowflake and AWS continue to invest in deep product integrations across machine learning/artificial intelligence, data governance, streaming data, as well as other areas, to create the best experience for joint customers. Snowflake is also taking advantage of AWS’s custom silicon investments with workloads running on Graviton instances delivering performance enhancements of approximately 10%2, with no changes needed from customers.
- Increasing Sales Collaboration: Snowflake and AWS have heavily invested in creating increased sales collaborations and driving strong field sales alignment with each other. This includes new investments that are winning strategic opportunities and migrating large-scale on-premises applications to the AWS cloud. Both companies are adding resources to further drive joint sales in the
Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Japan.
- Expanding Marketing Strategies: AWS continues to work alongside the Snowflake team to drive awareness and demand for joint industry solutions and product integrations. Additionally, Snowflake and AWS continue to invest in having a marquee presence at each other’s global events, as well as industry events, so that mutual customers and prospects have the opportunity to learn about joint industry solutions and product integrations.
Delivering the best possible customer experience is key to both Snowflake’s and AWS’s strategy and growth together and has led to the companies expanding their co-selling goals by 5x since calendar year 2020. Through joining forces to serve customer data needs, Snowflake and AWS are now helping over 6,000 joint customers, including Fortune 500 organizations like Goldman Sachs.1
"Our data strategy is directly tied to our open source Legend platform and the Goldman Sachs Financial Cloud for Data,” said
- Learn more about the Snowflake and AWS offering.
- Stay on top of the latest news and announcements from Snowflake on LinkedIn and
Forward Looking Statements
This release relates to a strategic partnership between
Snowflake enables every organization to mobilize their data with Snowflake’s Data Cloud. Customers use the Data Cloud to unite siloed data, discover and securely share data, and execute diverse analytic workloads. Wherever data or users live, Snowflake delivers a single data experience that spans multiple clouds and geographies. Thousands of customers across many industries, including 573 of the 2022 Forbes Global 2000 (G2K) as of
1 As of
2 As of
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230301006009/en/
Partner PR Lead, Snowflake