Walgreens Now Offering Flu and COVID-19 Testing in a Single Visit at Over 5,000 Locations
Test results are provided within two hours to help guide treatment decisions and prevent the spread of respiratory illness
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221216005058/en/
“Our Flu Index shows activity 10 times higher compared to the same time last year. Providing convenient access to flu testing is another way
Individuals can receive COVID-19 and flu testing in a single visit at select
“Opening and scaling the first drive-thru COVID-19 testing locations, as well as offering over-the-counter tests, has given our team insights into the health and wellness needs in communities across America,” Patel said. “We’re pleased to be working with Abbott and using their ID NOW rapid molecular tests to accelerate our efforts and provide access to quick and accurate viral testing.”
“Having fast and reliable testing gives people the confidence to know what virus they may have and the ability to quickly take the necessary steps to be on their way to recovery,” said
How to Schedule a Flu Test with a COVID-19 Test
- Individuals can visit Walgreens.com/CovidTesting or schedule via the
Walgreensapp where COVID-19 and flu testing locations can be chosen from the list of stores with availability of these services.
- When scheduling a rapid COVID-19 test, patients are required to enter their information and complete a quick questionnaire, prior to adding a flu test and finalizing appointment details.
- Testing services are available at no cost for symptomatic individuals based on their insurance plan. Individuals can contact their insurer before scheduling to confirm the test meets coverage criteria.
What to Expect at your Appointment and Assessing Results
- At the time of the appointment, individuals will meet with a
Walgreenspharmacist to receive one swab for a COVID-19 test and then one swab for a flu test.
- After the appointment, individuals will receive an email with a secure link to their results, which will be reported separately, within two hours.
- If an individual tests positive, a
Walgreenspharmacist can reach out to their provider for a prescription or refer them to a primary care physician if they do not have one.
Other COVID-19 Testing Options and Offerings
- Individuals can order no-cost at-home COVID-19 tests at Walgreens.com/OrderTest for pickup at the pharmacy or bring insurance information to a local pharmacist for assistance.** Select insurance companies and health plans may cover the cost of up to eight at-home COVID tests per individual per month.
- 24-hour same day delivery is available for last-minute needs like groceries, over-the-counter medications, personal care items, household essentials, along with same-day prescription delivery after filling an eligible prescription, including free delivery of Paxlovid (a COVID-19 oral antiviral therapy) directly to the doorsteps of those who need it.
- Convenient COVID-19 and flu vaccinations are available for ages 3 and up. Neighborhood locations and appointments are designed to fit family schedules, including evenings and weekends.
*Must be symptomatic and have flu testing done with COVID-19 testing in order to be eligible. No cost to you with health plan coverage. Please contact your health plan before scheduling to confirm the test meets coverage criteria. You may be billed by
**No-cost at-home COVID-19 tests are available with select insurance plans. Limits apply to the number of tests covered per person per month. Test kits are non-refundable. After you submit your order, the
“Innovations at Retail Pharmacies Accelerate as